Missions March 2010

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Girls DO play soccer in Turkey!

As some of you may know, I have played soccer my entire life and its something that I have a passion for - passed on faithfully from my father to my brothers and I. But when we moved to Istanbul, I was prepared for the fact that womens soccer would be hard to find here. We've been here about a year and a half and it took that long to find them! When we first moved here, I asked everyone I came across if they knew of any girls who played soccer...but after all the incredulous looks and even laughter, I started to stop asking. But God is faithful! I met a girl at Bosphorus University who knew of a girl's soccer team. I made some calls that day and two days later I was playing a full field outdoor soccer game in a beautiful stadium with a great group of girls! I wanted to share this because it blessed me so much that God cares so much for me that He would bless me far beyond what I expected!





No comments: